We have already spoken about the 10 essential tricks to clean your leather bag. A leather bag is a valuable thing and there are way more advice in order to maintain your object at its best, as well as a lot of leather chemistry products. Here are the 7 more essential tricks to clean your leather bag:
- If you don’t have a dust bag, just use a simple pillowcase.
- Consider buying a spotting cover product and a leather softener in order to be prepared to any kind of unexpected event.
- Do not leave your bag exposed to direct sunlight, this can discolor and damage the leather heavily.
- Do not wear light colored handbags with dark clothes, the color may shift from clothes to the bag, causing those spots that are among the most difficult to remove.
- For really stubborn stains, look for a shoe polish in the same color as your bag and apply a minimum quantity on the affected area. You can also use proper leather pigments.
- If you want to remove a bad smell from the bag, you can use odor removers, but avoid using the most aggressive, solvent-based or nebulized, because they could damage the color and the leather itself.
- And to eliminate all traces of persistent odors, put a small container of baking soda in your bag, covered with a dust bag or pillow case, and leave it inside for at least 24 hours. Baking soda will absorb any unpleasant odor!